Lifestyle Protect Classic
Enjoy your lifestyle without worries
Lifestyle Protect is an optional credit insurance program designed to provide you with the peace of mind that comes with knowing that even in unfortunate circumstances, your cover will allow you to take care of your Citi Credit Card dues and also ensure personal expenses are taken care of.
This insurance is brought to you by MetLife and offers the following benefits.
In the unfortunate event of Involuntary Loss of Employment:
- Coverage of 10% of the Outstanding Balance on your credit card up to 12 months of proven unemployment
- 5% of the last 3 month's outstanding balance prior to date of loss of employment, paid directly to you up to 12 months of proven unemployment up to a maximum of AED 1,000 per month
In the unfortunate event of Death or Critical Illness:
- Coverage of the full Outstanding Balance
- Payment of three times the average Outstanding Balance for the last three months prior to the date of the covered event to you or your legal heirs
- Monthly premium of 0.79%* of the total Outstanding Balance on your credit card
- Available to all Citi Credit Card Customers between the ages of 21 and 64
- The insurance coverage is not available for self-employed customers
- Combined benefit across all covers shall not exceed AED 500,000
- The maximum combined benefit amount payable per month to the Policyholder (Citi) and the Insured Credit Cardholder on Involuntary Loss of Employment Cover shall not exceed AED 35,000
*Inclusive of VAT collected on behalf of the Insurer on the non-life component of the premium
The Card member or his/her beneficiary may call Citibank at +971 4 311 4000 or MetLife at +9714 4154800/777 to register a claim.
You may also report the claim by printing the attached form and submitting it together with the requested documents to the Citi Collection Department at Citibank, Oud Mehta office Building, 205 – 208, Dubai, UAE or email it at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember that you have 60 days from the date of the covered event to report the claim and all requested documents are essential for processing the claim by MetLife.
In case you wish to cancel your policy, you may call Citibank at +971 4 311 4000 or use “Write to us” option by logging on Citibank online (here).
If you would like to contact Customer Happiness Contact Center of Insurance Authority of the UAE, here are the details –
Click here to view product terms and conditions.
Click here to view product key facts statement.
Citibank N.A. will receive a distribution fee (commission) from the Insurer equivalent to a percentage of the gross premium payable. Other Citi entities may receive additional compensation for the provision of product administration and management services.
Insurance products are subject to exclusions, special terms and conditions, medical underwriting requirements (as applicable) contained in the policy document. Insurance products are optional and underwritten by insurers, subject to the terms and conditions of each policy. Citibank N.A. does not underwrite or issue insurance policies. Citibank N.A. is not responsible for rejection of any application and/or claim made to the insurer. Citibank N.A. provides customer support by way of receiving payments from the customer and forwarding them to the insurer, in addition to making such insurance products available to the customers. Policies can be cancelled at any time. If a policy is cancelled within the free-look period, which commences either (i) 30 days from the date the first premium is debited or (ii) 30 days from the date the policy documents are dispatched (whichever is later) customers are entitled to a full refund of premium collected within that period (Transfer charges may apply). For cancellations made after the free-look period, there will be no refund of premiums paid as this policy is not a savings plan and does not acquire a cash value. Insurance products are not insured by government or governmental agencies. In addition to terms and conditions of the Insurer under each policy, Citibank Terms and Conditions apply and are subject to change. Please call our 24-Hour CitiPhone Banking Service on +971 4 311 4000 should you have any queries or complaints.
Citibank N.A. UAE Branch is registered with Central bank of UAE under license numbers BSD/504/83; 13/184/2019; BSD/2819/9, BSD/692/83, for Al Wasl Branch Dubai, MOE- Dubai; Sharjah, Abu Dhabi branches respectively, has partnered with MetLife American Life Insurance Company, an insurance company registered with Insurance Authority of the UAE under registration number 34 to offer this insurance product.